Welcome to 2017! I don’t usually make resolutions, but I would like to take better care of myself this year and also remember to blog more (oops).
2016 was full of ups and downs. I’d like to share some of my personal highlights.
- I moved in with my boyfriend this year. I really love our apartment complex. I think this may be the first time I’ve actually made friends with my neighbors (or even known my neighbors…) This may be the most adult I’ve been, hah!
- We adopted a cute little puppy this April. He’s been the joy of my life. I’ve become the crazy dog lady who shoves pictures of her dog in people’s faces and talks nonstop about her pupper. No regrets. (By the way, have you visited his instagram recently?)
- I got to spend time with some of my favorite people this year. I met Hiro online about 10 years ago through web design and last year for New Years, she let me crash in her apartment and took me to eat delicious foods. She is probably the person I’ve been friends for the longest period of time. I also met Mika through the same web design community. This February was actually our 10 year anniversary. We’d met for a day a few years ago when a snow storm left her stranded in my part of town, but 2016 was the first year (in 10 years, wow!) that we actually got to hang out. It was so surreal.
- I went to Dragon Con for the first time this year! I got to meet Jack Gleeson (Joffrey from Game of Thrones. I do love my Lannisters) and Craig Parker (Reign, Spartacus, Lord of the Rings… the list of stuff he’s been in goes on and on and he is the most fantastic person ever!!!!) I also got to help William with his Overwatch cosplay, which was a lot of fun. I’ve never worked with worbla and wonderflex before, so it’s been a trip getting to experiment with those materials. I’m hoping I’ll get to try making some armor of my own in 2017.
- 2016 was probably the year of makeup for me. I’d never worn makeup before 2015 and started experimenting toward the end of that year. 2016 was the year were I feel like I finally got good at it. Or at least was able to make myself look presentable! It’s really fun to try out new looks and experiment with different products; I’ve become pretty obsessed. (Now if only my bank account will expand so I can buy more things, hehe.)
There’s plenty more, but there’s a few of my highlights for 2016. Feel free to share your own in the comments, or let me know what your resolutions for 2017 are.